Awareness Through Movement® workshops for Public and Practitioners
In 'Feldenkrais Intensives' workshops, experienced Feldenkrais teachers will take you through a series of four lessons per day. Having these lessons back-to-back minimises the re-emergence of old habits and multiplies many-fold the power of the learning. These events are organised on behalf of the NZ Feldenkrais Guild.
- Who? Anyone who wants to learn to move with greater ease, balance, control and/or power, for everyday activities or for sports, dance, martial arts, music…
- What? Not only the multiple lessons, but a chance to explore the Feldenkrais Method, feel its benefits, and meet liked-minded people
- Bring? Bring an open mind and a willingness to learn. Wear everyday clothes, preferably loose
FIW18: Feldenkrais Intensive Wellington, 6-8 April 2018
An annual and very popular three-day, 12 lesson event held each April - see the FIW18 flyer.
- When? Friday 6th to Sunday 8th April 2018, 10am to 4:30pm daily
- Where? Te Whaea: National Dance & Drama Centre, 11 Hutchison Road, Newtown, Wellington 6021 (map)
- Cost? $200 for the three days, or $150 ‘earlybird’ payable before 25th March 2018
A previous FIW participant's summary:
"Day 1 - What am I doing here? This is crazy, we aren't doing anything. It is all so light and airy"
"Day 2 - Something is happening - home to sleep 10.5 hours"
"Day 3 - Transforming: I feel lighter - the floor is softer - I have grown 2 inches in posture and brain is open"
Feldenkrais Intensive Auckland
The next Auckland intensive is planned for Sunday 1st July 2018
To register contact Gillian
The above events are open to the public. For practitioner events such as Advanced Trainings see here.