NZFG member? Log in to see our practitioners' news and events page
Awareness Through Movement® workshops for Public and Practitioners
In 'Feldenkrais Intensives' workshops, experienced Feldenkrais teachers will take you through a series of four lessons per day. Having these lessons back-to-back minimises the re-emergence of old habits and multiplies many-fold the power of the learning. These events are organised on behalf of the NZ Feldenkrais Guild.
- Who? Anyone who wants to learn to move with greater ease, balance, control and/or power, for everyday activities or for sports, dance, martial arts, music…
- What? Not only the multiple lessons, but a chance to explore the Feldenkrais Method, feel its benefits, and meet liked-minded people
- Bring? Bring an open mind and a willingness to learn. Wear everyday clothes, preferably loose
Feldenkrais Intensive Auckland, 1 July 2018
The next Auckland one-day, 4-lesson intensive - see flyer.
- When? Saturday 1 July, 10am to 4:30pm
- Where? Bayfield School Hall, Corner Clifton and Jervois Roads, Herne Bay (see map). Good parking.
- Cost? $95
Teachers will be:
FIW19: Feldenkrais Intensive Wellington, April 2019
Our annual and very popular three-day, 12-lesson event held each April. We've yet to confirm the precise dates for 2019. Meantime, see the FIW18 flyer.
- When? Three days over a weekend in April 2019, 10am to 4:30pm daily
- Where? Te Whaea: National Dance & Drama Centre, 11 Hutchison Road, Newtown, Wellington 6021 (map)
- Cost? $200 for the three days, or $150 ‘earlybird’ payable before xx March 2019
Teachers for FIW19 tbc. For FIW18 they were:
A previous FIW participant's summary:
"Day 1 - What am I doing here? This is crazy, we aren't doing anything. It is all so light and airy"
"Day 2 - Something is happening - home to sleep 10.5 hours"
"Day 3 - Transforming: I feel lighter - the floor is softer - I have grown 2 inches in posture and brain is open"
The above events are open to the public. For practitioner events such as Advanced Trainings see here.